Come and join us for an exciting outdoor creative lighting portrait photography workshop with a professional agency represented model. By attending this workshop, you’ll learn how to take creative studio portraits using on-camera and off-camera flashes, colour gels and light-modifiers. During this hands-on workshop, we will show you how to expose, compose, light and pose your subjects for great location portraits!
WHAT ALL WE’LL DO?
We’ll start with an introduction to portrait photography, the basics of using speed-lights and discuss the creative tools and techniques. You’ll learn essential skills for controlling manual exposure and about the necessary equipment required for shooting, composing and lining up the perfect shots. This workshop is in a seminar format where Ash will demonstrate as he shoots. Ash would even be sharing his camera settings so even you can get similar shots. We’ll create stunning shots using smoke bombs, led lights and colour gels.
MODEL FOR THE SHOOT: Kylie Fursey
Duration: 3 hrs.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ABOUT?
• Setting up your camera for flash photography
• Difference between on-camera vs off-camera flashes
• Setting up off-camera flashes
• Posing and directing a model
• Which lenses and focal lengths to use for portraiture
• How to use Manual Exposure on your camera to photograph speed-light portraits
• How to make the best use of speed-lights on location
• Long exposure night portrait techniques
• Ways to pose your subject to best make use of background and creative foreground lighting
• Techniques to frame and compose your portraits to make the best use of background and foreground lighting
WHAT TO BRING?
• A camera that allows you to shoot in Manual mode.
• A lens (recommended tele-photo zoom 55mm or greater).
• Speedlights / fashes provided (byo optional)
• Extra batteries and memory cards.
• A notebook and pen, if you wish to take notes.
• Bring your happiness and positivity.
• Be ready and willing to learn and grow your photography skills.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Refund will be provided if a workshop is cancelled by us, or if the workshop is re-scheduled by us and you are unable to attend on the new date. For more info. on cancellation and refunds kindly view our terms & conditions – www.brisbanephotographic.com.au/terms-and-conditions/
CONNECT WITH US
We encourage all our members to join our group on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Tag #BrisbanePhotographic in your Instagram posts to get featured on our page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 0450770777
At Brisbane Photographic, we are working hard to bring you access to the very best Photography meetups, cool events, and exclusive workshops, so stay tuned!