So you’ve successfully started your photography business. One of the most important next steps is to build a professional portfolio website to represent your work. In this workshop, we will cover everything you need to know.
Portfolio websites are a convenient way to showcase work for a photographer. For pro as well as amateur photographers, a portfolio website is equally useful. However, very few photographers have a portfolio website while the rest choose to be happy with a Facebook page, Instagram account or a 500px account. Though these are good options to start with, these are certainly not the way to go for an independent photographer who is trying to build a business.
WHAT ALL WE’LL DO?
In this workshop, we’ll explain why portfolio websites are important and then help you learn what all it takes to build one. We would even provide all participants with a trial WordPress website, which can be customised and be made ready to go live.
Duration: 3 hrs.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ABOUT?
• Why do we need a professional photography website?
• Difference between 500px, Flickr, Adobe Portfolio, PhotoShelter, Sqarespace, Wix and WordPress.
• Choosing and buying a domain name.
• Setting up a Website.
• Creating Pages
• Creating Image Galleries
• Creating Contact Forms
• Adding your website to Google and other search engines
• Search engine optimization – Ranking high on Google
• Promoting and marketing your website
• Receiving enquiries and accepting bookings on your website
HOW TO REGISTER?
• To register/buy tickets for this event kindly visit – www.brisbanephotographic.com.au
WHAT TO BRING?
• Your Laptop (optional).
• A notebook and pen, if you wish to take notes.
• Bring your happiness and positivity.
• Be ready and willing to learn and grow your skills.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Refund will be provided if a workshop is cancelled by us, or if the workshop is re-scheduled by us and you are unable to attend on the new date. For more info. on cancellation and refunds kindly view our terms & conditions – www.brisbanephotographic.com.au/terms-and-conditions/
CONNECT WITH US
We encourage all our members to join our group on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Tag #BrisbanePhotographic in your Instagram posts to get featured on our page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
• email: email@example.com
• Phone: 0450770777
At Brisbane Photographic, we are working hard to bring you access to the very best Photography meetups, cool events, and exclusive workshops, so stay tuned!