Speedlights open a whole new realm of photography. Once you understand how to control light, you can achieve almost anything. Speedlights are light to carry, quick to set up and you never know when you’re going to need that extra light for a more dramatic image.
This workshop will give you the confidence to incorporate small portable flashes/speed-lights in your photography toolkit. From shooting receptions at weddings or adding drama in portraits, this workshop will include lots of live shooting examples that will help you understand how speed-lights are used. Get ready to take your photography to the next level. Once you learn to master portable flashes, you’ll never want to shoot without them.
WHAT ALL WE’LL DO?
We start with the very basics by discussing the fundamentals of flash photography and then we’ll explore how they affect the exposure and creatively enhance an image. We’ll even make you understand how to set them up and take full creative control of external lighting.
Duration: 2 hrs.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ABOUT?
• What is Flash and when do we need one?
• On Camera Flash vs Off-camera flash.
• How to use Built-in Flash for Fill Light?
• Balancing Flash and Ambient Light.
• Bouncing Light.
• When to use On-Camera Flash?
• When to use Off-Camera Flash?
• Effects of Speedlight Modifiers (Softbox vs Umbrella).
• High-Speed Sync (HSS).
HOW TO REGISTER?
• This is a paid workshop, to register kindly RSVP using the link on this page. You would need a PayPal account to complete the checkout.
• To pay by a credit or debit card, or to utilize a discount coupon, kindly register via our website – www.brisbanephotographic.com.au
WHAT TO BRING?
• Your DSLR or mirrorless camera with lens.
• Speed-light/flash (BYO Optional).
• Batteries and memory cards.
• A notebook and pen, if you wish to take notes.
• BYO snacks/drinks (optional).
• Bring your happiness and positivity.
• Be ready and willing to learn and grow your photography skills.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER:
This workshop is hosted by Ash Kashyap. Ash is a commercial wedding photographer armed with 8+ yrs. of professional photography experience. Ash operates as the Director at Hallmark Photography Brisbane (www.hallmarkphotography.com.au/). To connect with Ash and to view his work kindly visit:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Refund will be provided if a workshop is cancelled by us, or if the workshop is re-scheduled by us and you are unable to attend on the new date. For more info. on cancellation and refunds kindly view our terms & conditions – www.brisbanephotographic.com.au/terms-and-conditions/
CONNECT WITH US
We encourage all our members to join our group on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. Tag #BrisbanePhotographic in your Instagram posts to get featured on our page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 0450770777
At Brisbane Photographic, we are working hard to bring you access to the very best Photography meetups, cool events, and exclusive workshops, so stay tuned!